DevOps processes help companies to overcome the organizational challenges in an efficient, robust, and repeatable way. DevOps tools are a collection of complementary, task-specific tools that can be combined to automate processes. IronWorker and IronMQ are two DevOps tools from Iron.io that can help your business save money and scale on demand.
The following solutions are some of the best DevOps tools that will ensure the creation and improvement of your products at a faster pace:
Table of Contents:
- Source Control Management
- Database Lifecycle Management
- Continuous Integration (CI)
- Software Testing
- Configuration Tools
- Deployment Tools
- Container Tools
- Release Orientation
- Cloud Tools
- Container Management Services
- AI Ops Tools
- Messaging queues tools
- Iron.io Tools
Achieve Cloud Elasticity with Iron
Speak to us to find how you can achieve cloud elasticity with a serverless messaging queue and background task solution with free handheld support.
Source Control Management
- GitHub is a web-based Git repository hosting service that offers all of the distributed revision control and source code management features as well as adding its own. Unlike Git, it provides a web-based graphical interface, desktop, and mobile integration.
- GitLab, similar to GitHub, is a web-based Git repository manager with wiki and issue tracking features. Unlike GitHub, GitLab does not have an open-source version.
- JFrog Artifactory is an enterprise-ready repository manager that supports software packages created by any language or technology. It supports secure, clustered, High Availability Docker registries.
More source control management tools are:
Database Lifecycle Management
- DBmaestro offers Agile development and Continuous Integration and Delivery for the Database. It supports the streamlining of development process management and enforcing change policy practices.
- Delphix is a software company that produces software for simplifying the building, testing, and upgrading of applications built on relational databases.
- Flyway is an open-source database migration tool based around six basic commands: Migrate, Clean, Info, Validate, Baseline, and Repair. Migrations support SQL or Java.
More database lifecycle management tools are:
Continuous Integration (CI)
- Bamboo is a continuous integration server that supports builds in any programming language using any build tool, including Ant, Maven, make, and any command-line tools.
- Travis CI is an open-source continuous integration utility for building and testing projects hosted at GitHub.
- Codeship is a continuous deployment tool focused on being an end-to-end solution for running tests and deploying apps. It supports Rails, Node, Python, PHP, Jaca, Scala, Groovy, and Clojure.
More continuous integration tools are:
Recommended reading: DevOps Best Practices
Recommended reading: The Future of DevOps
- FitNesse is an automated testing solution for software. It supports acceptance testing rather than unit testing in that it facilitates a detailed readable description of system function.
- Selenium is a software testing tool for web apps that offers a record/playback solution for writing tests without knowledge in a test scripting language.
- JUnit is a unit testing tool for Java. It has been prominent in the development of test-driven development and is a family of unit testing frameworks.
- Apache JMeter is an Apache load testing tool for analyzing and measuring the performance of various services, with a focus on web applications.
- TestNG is a testing solution for Java inspired by JUnit. TestNG's design aims to cover a broader range of test categories: unit, functional, end-to-end, integration, etc., with more easy-to-use functionalities.
More software testing tools are:
- Ansible is an open-source software solution for configuring and managing computers. It offers multi-node software deployment, ad hoc task execution, and configuration management.
- Puppet is an open-source configuration management solution for running on many Unix-like systems and Microsoft Windows. It also provides its declarative language to describe system configuration.
- Salt platform is an open-source configuration management and remote execution application. It supports the "infrastructure-as-code" approach to deployment and cloud management.
- Rudder is an open-source audit and configuration management tool that automates system configuration across large IT infrastructures.
More configuration tools are:
- Terraform is a utility for building, combining, and launching infrastructure. It can create and compose all the components from physical servers to containers to SaaS products necessary to run applications.
- AWS CodeDeploy is an automation tool for code deployments to any instance, including Amazon EC2 instances and instances running on-premises.
- ElasticBox is an agile DevOps tool for defining, deploying and managing application automation agnostic of any infrastructure or cloud.
- GoCD is an open-source automation tool for continuous delivery (CD). It automates the build-test-release process from code check-in to deployment. Various version control tools are available, including Git, Mercurial, and Subversion.
More deployment are:
- Docker is an open-source product that makes it easier to create, deploy, and run applications in containers by providing a layer of abstraction and automation of operating-system-level virtualization on Linux.
- Kubernetes is an open-source system for managing multiple hosts' containerized applications, providing basic mechanisms for deployment, maintenance, and scaling of applications.
- Apache Mesos is an open-source cluster manager that provides resource isolation and sharing across distributed applications or frameworks.
More container tools are:
- OpenMake is a strategic software delivery utility that deploys to multi-platform servers, clouds, or containers. It simplifies component packaging, database updates, jumping versions, calendaring, and offloads your overworked CI process.
- Plutora is an on-demand Enterprise IT Release Management software solution for building from the ground up to help companies deliver Releases that better serves businesses.
- Spinnaker is an open-source multi-cloud continuous delivery platform for releasing software changes by enabling key features: cluster management and deployment management.
More release orchestration are:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a set of web services that Amazon offers as a cloud computing platform in 11 geographical regions across the world. The most prominent of these services are Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud and Amazon S3.
- Microsoft Azure is a cloud computing platform for building, deploying, and managing applications and services through a global network of Microsoft-managed datacenters. It supports many different programming languages, tools, and frameworks, including both Microsoft-specific and third-party software and systems.
- Google Cloud is a cloud computing solution by Google that offers to host on the same supporting infrastructure that Google uses internally for end-user products.
More cloud tools are:
Iron.io Serverless Tools
Speak to us to learn how IronWorker and IronMQ are essential products for your application to become cloud elastic.
Container Management Services
- IronWorker is a tool that offers greater computing insights of tasks in real-time to optimize resource allocation and scheduling better. It tracks tasks with greater usage to understand the changing nature of organizations' target audience and identify opportunities to streamline their compute.
- AWS Fargate: is a serverless container management service (container as a service) that allows developers to focus on their application and not their infrastructure. While AWS Fargate does help with container orchestration, it does leave areas of concern where IronWorker fills the void, such as support, simplicity, and deployment options.
- Google Cloud Run: is a managed platform that takes a Docker container image and runs it as a stateless, autoscaling HTTP service. The areas of concern where IronWorker fills the void are some key features, such as containerized environment, high-scale Processing, and flexible scheduling.
More container management tools are:
AI Ops Tools
- Splunk enables searching, monitoring, and analyzing big data via a web-style interface. It can create graphs, reports, alerts, dashboards, and visualizations.
- Moogsoft is an AIOps platform that helps organizations streamline incident resolution, prevent outages, and meet SLAs.
- Logstash is a solution for managing events and logs. It enables collecting logs, parsing them, and storing them.
More AIOps tools are:
- Datadog is an analytics and monitoring platform for IT infrastructure, operations, and development teams. It gets data from servers, databases, applications, tools, and services to give a centralized view of the applications in the cloud.
- Elasticsearch is a search server that enables a distributed full-text search engine with a RESTful web interface and schema-free JSON documents.
- Kibana is a data visualization plugin for Elasticsearch that provides visualization features on top of the Elasticsearch cluster's content index.
More analytics tools are:
- Nagios is an open-source solution for monitoring systems, networks, and infrastructure. It provides alerting services for servers, switches, applications, and services.
- Zabbix is an open-source monitoring tool for networks and applications. It tracks the status of various network services, servers, and other network hardware.
- Zenoss software builds real-time models of hybrid IT environments, providing performance insights that facilitate eliminating outages and reducing downtime, and IT spending.
More monitoring tools are:
- SonarQube is a utility to manage code quality. It can cover new languages, adding rules engines, and advanced computing metrics through a robust extension mechanism. More than 50 plugins are available.
- Tripwire is an open-source security and data integrity tool for monitoring and alerting on specific file change(s) on a range of systems.
- Fortify reduces software risk by recognizing security vulnerabilities. It determines the root cause of the vulnerability, correlates, and prioritizes results, and provides best practices so developers can develop code more securely.
More security tools are:
- Slack is a business communication tool that offers a set of features, including persistent chat rooms arranged by topic, private groups, etc.
- Trello is a free project management utility that operates a freemium business model. Basic service is provided free of charge, though a Business Class paid-for service was launched in 2013.
- JIRA is an issue tracking utility that offers bug and issue tracking, as well as project management functions.
More collaboration tools are:
Messaging queues tools
- IronMQ: is an elastic message queue created specifically with the cloud in mind. It's easy to use, runs on industrial-strength cloud infrastructure, and offers developers ready-to-use messaging with highly reliable delivery options and cloud-optimized performance.
- AWS SQS: is a distributed message queuing solution offered by Amazon. It supports programmatic sending of messages via web service applications as a way to communicate over the Internet.
- RabbitMQ: is an open-source message-broker solution for advanced message queuing with a plug-in for streaming text-oriented messaging protocol, MQ Telemetry Transport, and other protocols.
More messaging queues tools are:
Organizational transformations need some level of technological or tool-based assistance. DevOps, continuous integration, and continuous delivery are no distinctions. The tools organizations identify and use in pursuit of their goals are critical for their DevOps strategy's success.
Iron.io offers two critical infrastructure DevOps tools in IronWorker and IronMQ. These tools will save your business money by allowing your teams to focus on application development and not waste time maintaining infrastructure. Start your free Iron.io trial today, and take your business to the next level. Please follow our blog for more articles on DevOps.
Looking for more? Check out this post below.
Unlock the Cloud with Iron.io
Find out how IronWorker and IronMQ can help your application obtain the cloud with fanatical customer support, reliable performance, and competitive pricing.