First off, I would like to say that we use and love Heroku, the system they've built is game-changing and 100% awesome, but their worker system is limited and does not meet our needs. Here are the top 4 reasons why IronWorker is better than Heroku's worker system and Delayed Job (Heroku's system is based on Delayed Job).
Table of Contents
- Elastic, Scalable, and Massively Parallel
- Advanced Scheduling
- Monitoring, visualizing, and control
Related Reading: Top 10 uses of IronWorker
Achieve Cloud Elasticity with Iron
Speak to us to find how you can achieve cloud elasticity with a serverless messaging queue and background task solution with free handheld support.
Elastic, Scalable, and Massively Parallel
Iron.io Serverless Tools
Speak to us to learn how IronWorker and IronMQ are essential products for your application to become cloud elastic.
- Run a job just one time at some time in the future
- Set a recurring schedule to run at any frequency you want (hourly, daily, monthly, every minute, every 15 minutes, whatever you want)
- Schedule any number of workers, each with their own schedules
- Schedule jobs just as easily as you would queue jobs. Instead of the 'queue' command, you use the 'schedule' command and pass in scheduling parameters. It calls the workers directly that you schedule at the times and schedule you set.
Monitoring, visualizing, and control
- View your usage patterns/trends over time
- Check the status of all your workers
- Get notified when your workers raise errors and get down to the root of the issue fast
- Cancel queued or scheduled jobs, kill running jobs, rerun a job
Unlock the Cloud with Iron.io
Find out how IronWorker and IronMQ can help your application obtain the cloud with fanatical customer support, reliable performance, and competitive pricing.