Heroku + SimpleWorker = General Availability
SimpleWorker is now available as General Availability in the Heroku Add-ons Catalog!
In other words, we’re out of private beta and anyone can sign up for use with Heroku. W00t!
SimpleWorker is a fully featured worker system that runs elastically on the cloud. Like Delayed_job, you can pass off work asynchronously to run in the background, but with SimpleWorker you can execute hundreds of jobs in parallel!
- Run background jobs in the cloud
- Easy to use, little to install or setup (except your API keys)
- Advanced scheduling – one-time in the future, recurring schedule, and more
- Massively parallel – queue up as many jobs as you want
- Cost effective – $0.05 per hour billed by the second so you really only pay for what you use. If you only use 1 minute per hour you only pay $0.0008 per hour.
Leave a Comment